SilHouse Privace Policy
This Privacy Notice applies to the website https://silhouse.edi.lv/.
SilHouse being strongly committed to protecting your privacy will make efforts to protect your Personal Data in accordance with the following Website Privacy Notice (“Notice”) which applies to the personal data that it collects and processes about visitors to this website.
Personal Data dots. collects and Source
SilHouse may collect the following information automatically through this website:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from this site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
SilHouse may acquire Personal Data from this website such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and professional information only when it is voluntarily submitted to us. While collecting the personal data about you, dots. will inform you whether the requested information is obligatory or voluntary. If you chose not to provide certain information, this may impact your use of certain resources and could make it impossible for dots. to provide certain services to you.
SilHouse may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, mobile app, or use an online platform. Cookies are widely used by online service providers to facilitate and help to make the interaction between users and websites, mobile apps, and online platforms faster and easier, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website and/or mobile app and/or platform owner (in this case, SilHouse) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website and/or mobile app and/or platform owner are called “third party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website and/or mobile app and/or platform (e.g. like advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer or device both when it visits the website and/or mobile app and/or platform in question and also when it visits certain other websites and/or mobile apps and/or platforms.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites and/or App and/or platform to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and/or App and/or platform. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites and/or App and/or platform for analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
Type of cookies we use:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality like videos may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Websites for you.
SilHouse will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interests, or where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
How SilHose uses your Personal Data
SilHouse will use Personal Data collected via this website within the scope of the following purposes:
- to improve the content of our website,
- to respond to your requests, queries and complaints,
- for the purposes of maintaining our relationship with you if you are a customer, supplier or business partner,
- to consider your application for employment,
- to improve our level of service.
With Whom SilHouse Shares Your Personal Data
SilHouse may share personal data about you with selected third parties – service providers that assist SilHouse in the improvement and optimization of this site. SilHouse will carefully check and select such service providers and will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over such service providers in order to ensure the security control of the untrusted data.
Some of SilHouse’s service providers may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) whose laws may not afford your Personal Data the same level of protection. SilHouse will ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfers.
How SilHouse protects your Personal Data?
SilHouse will take reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect the personal data about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration to data will not occur, and any transmission of data is at your own risk, it’s important to note that the security of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
Individuals in the EU have certain data subject rights which may be subject to limitations and/or restrictions. These rights include the right to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data;
- obtain restriction of processing or to object to the processing of their personal data; and
- the right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise one of the above-mentioned rights, please use the contact information below. Individuals in the EU also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
How long SilHouse retains your Personal Data
Personal data will only be stored as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected subject to local laws and regulations and legitimate business needs.
How to Reach Us
You can contact us in order to exercise your rights, make inquiries or submit complaints concerning SilHouse’s processing of your personal. SilHouse will take appropriate steps to address requests, inquiries, and complaints. dots. will respond to such requests within thirty (30) days.
- Mailing Address: Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (EDI), SilHouse project, 14 Dzerbenes St., LV-1006, Riga, Latvia
- Email Address: email@example.com
For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a complaint, please contact your local data protection authority.
This Privacy Notice is effective from August 29, 2021.